Images can now be pasted or uploaded in Play SQL.
You just have to set the type "Image":
Images can be imported by:
- Pasting an image in the cell,
- Pasting the URL of an image,
- Pasting cells from another spreadsheet from the same space.
How are images stored?
Images are stored with the binary type BYTEA. It's a variable-length binary string. The binary string starts with metadata, then the file starts after a dozen bytes (depending on the type and version).
- It is possible to limit the size of images,
- It is possible to disable images entirely.
- The default size is 3Mb.
- The "PSEA" plugin will be installed together with Play SQL Base or Spreadsheets. It is required. It performs the Excel exports.
- The Legacy SQL Macro was removed in a previous version. Please do not upgrade if you still require it.
- If you upgrade from Play SQL 2.6, there are new requirements:
- Requires Java 8,
- Requires PostgreSQL 9.2,
- Requires Confluence 5.10,
- Since November 2015, requires IE10 (see Atlassian Confluence's end of support announcement for IE9).
- If you upgrade from Play SQL 2.9, there are schema changes:
- You may wish to back-up your database before upgrading.
- See Release Notes 2.10 - Upgrade Guide for more information,