To be retired in December 2022
We are retiring Play SQL Spreadsheets, Play SQL Base and Play SQL Forms for Confluence Server on December 31st, 2022.
Since Requirement Yogi is now more than 98% of our sales, we want to focus on it. We've announced in October 2020 the end of the SQL suite, with a shutdown of the Cloud versions in the first semester of 2021. It is time to retire the Server versions.
For Confluence Cloud:
|The service was shut down in early 2021, with different dates depending on customers' needs.|
For Confluence Server:
Atlassian announced the end of all Server products on February 2nd, 2024. But we plan to retire our Play SQL products on December 31st, 2022.
Updated: We will only publish critical bugfixes for as long as Confluence doesn't upgrade its APIs.
We recommend that you start thinking about uninstalling this app.
Should you uninstall the app?
It depends! You have paid for it, you can keep it for life.
However, security is hard. New vulnerabilities are found every day in very common libraries, and we are constantly at risk of missing one. Notably, the codebase is getting old, and it is more and more difficult for us to upgrade libraries. One day, we won't be able to upgrade a piece, and we'll have to drop support. Therefore:
- If your instance of Confluence is behind a firewall, non-accessible from the internet and only used by trusted users, feel free to keep the app installed.
- Otherwise, we recommend that you uninstall the app preventively.
How to export the data?
- You can keep Play SQL Spreadsheets installed with your current version of Confluence forever,
- You can export the data to Excel,
- You can access the data through SQL.
Formulas can't be reused in any software. If you want to view them, they are stored in the second column of each table, or in the PLAYSQL_FORMULA_DEPENDENCIES.
What products do we keep?
We keep working on the Requirement Yogi suite, which is now our main product.